Saturday, April 24, 2010

Solemn Pontifical Mass at Basilica Shrine

This has been a triple red letter day on my calendar since the date was first announced. Today will be the first Tridentine/EF mass said at the Basilica Shrine in the upper church in 45 years. The mass is in thanksgiving for the 5th anniversary of the election of Pope Benedict 16th. I am going to try to take some pictures and post them later. I am hoping it is filled to capacity, but not before we get there, lol!

I am hoping we get an aisle seat close to one of the horizontal exit aisles so in case DD gets restless or has to go out for a minute we can do so easily. It would be a bonus if we are sitting near some sisters since DD is 1)fascinated by "her sisters" and 2) might be quieter (for a 3 year old) if she is near "her sisters". This will also give me a chance to stock up on a few more Catholic coloring books for her. I will get those before the mass, but I am determined not to linger in the gift shop or book store very long until after the mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment