Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Deo Gratias

It has been another busy couple of months. My laptop is still clinging to life, but only for some web-surfing, which makes it difficult to post. I am going to try to work on that as I would like to post consistently.

DH did start working full time again in late May!!!! It is a contract position so I am continuing to pray that the contract continues! DS finished his sophomore year and is now at Christendom's Latin camp for a week. DD is having a fun summer and is very busy being 3. Her will is really surfacing so trying to work on channeling that force.

On the Latin Mass Front-

I was blessed to be able to attend the Musica Sacra XX conference in Pittsburgh last month (stay churchy my friends). Despite the fact that Pittsburgh has way too many hills one has to walk up- it was a grace filled week. I really learned a lot and my mom came to help with DD so that was fun. A week of masses that show the range of beautiful music that we have been given over the centuries in the Roman Catholic Church. The first mass was a novus ordo in English with chant ordinary and propers written by Richard Rice and it was celebrated ad orientam. Clear proof that we can have English masses with the introit, gradual, offertory and communion antiphons (not hymns). The rest of the masses during the week were in Latin- tlm and novus ordo. We also prayed/chanted morning prayer and compline each day and by the end of the week, all in Latin.

I will actually get to what I have learned as we are starting rehearsals the week after next, for the chant schola for the tlm. We are going to have to start out with hymns with a low mass as Father is still working with the altar servers to get them to the point where they can serve a missa cantata. We will start singing on the Feast of the Assumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment