Saturday, July 17, 2010

Flos Carmeli

Yesterday was very busy and I did not have a chance to post on the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Solemnity for those of us who are Carmelites-Ancient Observance and Discalced). I was able to go to mass, Deo Gratias, but one year I really hope to be able to go to a Carmelite Monastery to go to a mass celebrated as a solemnity. They masses I have attended since I have been here have been little more than memorials of the feast. The Brown Scapular is such a powerful sacramental and a great gift of Our Lady.

I was also thinking about feasts of Our Lady and I realized I could think of a fairly well known and celebrated feast of Our Lady for every month of the year except April.

1 comment:

  1. Our Lady of Good Counsel is in April.
    http://saints.sqpn.com/our-lady-of-good-counsel/

    ReplyDelete