Tuesday, July 20, 2010

John Andrew "Andyman" Davis- Requiescat in Pace

This is a detour from the ususal focus of my humble blog. Please pray for the repose of the soul of John Andrew Davis- husband, father of three young boys, dj for CD 101 in Columbus, OH, parishioner of St. Timothy Church and active community member and founder of the Andyman-athon on CD 101.

I have loved music since I was a child and used to sneak listen to the am clock radio in my bedroom. I was into what is now called classic rock in my teens, but in college I got interested in what was then called new wave, alternative etc- The Police, Squeeze, The Smiths, Depeche Mode et al. I continued preferring that style of music and in the early 1990's in Columbus a new radio station started- CD 101, which played both "classic" alternative and the newer genres of grunge and other music that you just did not hear on regular commercial radio. For many years, Andyman was my afternoon drive time radio company as he had the 3-6pm slot. He also started a radio telethon called the Andyman-athon during the Christmas season to raise money for kid's charities. He was also a noted supporter of local music and unknown bands- in a time when most commercial radio is focused on the music with broadest appeal regardless of its artistic merit.

Andyman drowned this past Saturday while on vacation with his wife and children in Michigan. Please pray for the repose of his soul and please keep his wife, children and family in your prayers.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dispatch/obituary.aspx?n=john-andrew-davis-andyman&pid=144192101&fhid=8700

No comments:

Post a Comment